POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Writing a .inc file : Writing a .inc file Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Writing a .inc file
From: Jug
Date: 8 Aug 2008 03:20:00
Message: <web.489bf2df611ced9672762ce30@news.povray.org>
Hi,
  I am new to POV-Ray and have no previous programming experience, so please
forgive me if this is a simple question.  I a trying to write an .inc file of
an etched tile.  I want the tile and the lettering to be two different colors
and to be able to easily edit the colors of the tile from the scene file I add
it into.  I know that if I do not include a color/texture in the .inc file I
can define the it in the scene, but it makes the tile and writing the same
color/texture.  Is there a way I can determine or change the color/texture of
the individual components of the tile from the scene file?  I would also like
to be able to easily change  the pigment, texture, and finish of the tile in
the .inc file from the scene file.  Do I need to include the standard .inc
files, such as colors, textures, or stones1 into my .inc file, or will it work
if I include them in the scene?  I have included my tile below and added in the
color and texture as an example of what I am trying to do.  Thanks a lot for any
help you can give me.

Jug

declare Silver =               // Element Tile
union{
difference{                       // Front Plate and Lettering
box{<0, 0, 0>,                       // Box, Near lower left corner
    < 1.6, 2.2,  0.2>                   // Far upper right corner
    texture {T_Stone1}                  // color
    translate <0, 0, 0>}                // location
text {ttf "Arial.ttf" "Ag" 5, 0      // text and symbol
    pigment {Green}                     // color
    scale 1                             // scale
    translate <.2, .5, -1>}             // location
text {ttf "Arial.ttf" "47" 5, 0      // text and number
    pigment {Green}                     // color
    scale 0.6                           // scale
    translate <.1, 1.6, -1>}            // location
translate <0.25, 0.25,  >}           // location

difference{                       // Boarder and Back Plate
box{<0, 0,   0>,                     // Boarder, Near lower left corner
    < 2.1, 2.7,  0.3>                   // Far upper right corner
    texture {T_Stone1}}                 // color
box{<0.15, 0.15, -0.1>,              // Negative Space, Near lower left corner
    < 1.95, 2.55,  0.2>                 // Far upper right corner
    pigment {Green}}}}                  // color